Saturday 21 June 2014

Diary/Journal I gained a Distinction from the Royal Photographic Society (LRPS)

Pin It
The time has finally come when I can tell you all about my news! I went away to Bath last week to submit a panel of pictures to the Royal Photographic Society and I gained a Licentiate Distinction so now have the letters LRPS after my name!



I don't think I've ever been so nervous (apart from my wedding day where I turned in to a quivering wreck!) I only told a few family members and a few very close friends what I was doing as I wanted to stay as calm as possible and didn't want to tempt fate!

I was really nervous about my panel of images as it was quite different to most that are submitted. It ran as one long line of 10 images and most people submit panels with 2 rows of 5 images.

I was warned that there had only been 2 successful panels that had been displayed this way before but I felt my panel had a strong reason to be displayed like this, I just want sure wasn't sure what the judges would think!



My weeks of panic and nervousness soon turned in to excitement when I heard all the positive comments from the judges, I just wish I could remember every word they said! My mind was going haywire but they loved my work and I felt so relieved!

I was told not to publish anything about it online until I received my confirmation letter so have been having a really hard job keeping quiet now the nerves have gone!



I was over the moon when I received the confirmation email and even more excited when I received an email asking if my images and hanging plan could be used on the Royal Photography Societys website. They said that they only pick a handful of examples from those successful so this is a real honour!.

I've included the hanging plan and pictures below so you can see!



LRPS hanging plan - Claire Pixie Copley

red gerbera flower with water drop



orange butterfly



macro red hot poker flower



Sunflower



Abstract green leaves



Fish Eye Daffodil Landscape



cornet fish - Red Sea Egypt



Purple Waterdrop



macro purple clematis



Purple Lotus Flower





Diary/Journal I gained a Distinction from the Royal Photographic Society (LRPS) - http://bit.ly/1lfauau via my livejournal

No comments:

Post a Comment